Monday, September 19, 2011

While It Does Last


What happened to my life lately, if I could tell you there's not much, clearly. Those of you might have hustle and bustle life than I did in the past month. I soaked my self on my study, writings, culture consultant job for Korean company,  and some short travel. The WOW news was, I'm on diet.
 
Wake up this morning, I felt uneasy. I went downstairs to get my breakfast. Wholewheat breads and chunky peanut butter looked yummy on the marble table. Too bad, I was on my second day diet and a cup of black coffee was my only treat for a starter.

I'm not a coffee person, but if the diet menu require me to do so, then I follow. As I can remember, that caffeine drink and I didn't get along well. It usually happened to be bad. The case was, I finished one glass of it on my working table while I was doing lot of assignments on my computer. 

My hands begun to tremble and my heart beat fast. At first I thought it's only a thrill effect of my comeback in social media. From my previous travel, I couldn't had chance to chirping on Twitter, Facebook, and so on. But then I realized, it's a caffeine shock.

Then I got dizzy. I know the problem was from the coffee. People like me cannot sip it and sit down peacefully. The caffeine input was an alarm for my body to move my muscles, gain sweat, do the rubbish run, and so on. 
 

I took short biking to the nearest green space, the caffeine shock finally subsided. The clock showed time around eleven. It was great to have intermezzo like this under the branches of trees. I lay my self on the grass and think about my weight loss program.

The good thing about it is that I will get my self in shape. Not to mentioned I promised my self and my partner to lose at least 3 kg on mid November (which means it's a month from now!). We have planned to have a week road trip along the Java coast. From my recent trip mostly to Central Asia and China, I gain weight and less chance to do sport. This time, why not the two of us get into our fittest shape like a year ago when we first met. As you can read, that was my motivation.

For no relevance (wrote about him suddenly took a lot of my attention), my partner is on the weight loss schedule just the same as me. But I didn't get the update recently. He's somewhere in Nubia desert right now. The secretary and his agent in Austria, kindly provide me with the news because direct communication with him is almost impossible. There's a possibility he'll cross Sudan after the desert. I hope there's no more armed conflict. This prospect didn't made my day clear at all.

Back again on my case, this coffee diet is very handy. I don't need to avoid delicious food, only carbo. I dislike coffee, it increase my heart rate and pretty acid. In spite of this,  I still drink it because I want changes on my weight and the diet menu seemed okay. Coffee contains caffeine, which it help me increase the metabolic rate by almost 10%, depending on your metabolism you can cut up to 300 calories. The truth is, even if I prefer tea than this bitter drink, it push my body to request more water input and also body exercise.

If I sound too much for description above, whatsoever.  The question is, why do you want to do diet when actually your weight is around normal number? Sometimes in addition, you have to conquer your dislike of one type of food or drink. Personally in my case, your body best condition does not always last. But, quoting line from one of my favorite movie, "While it does last, it feels fucking great!"

And people, that's the way it is. Stay fit and travel more!

No comments:

Post a Comment