Friday, February 11, 2011

Photostoria: Pyay Children in Shin Pyu Ceremony


One afternoon in the mid January I stopped in Pyay on my bus trip from Yangon to Bagan. The curiosity crawled to my head to saw the people that filled half of the road. I was wondering what kind of ceremony took placed at that time. And it was worth for a stop back then. The people celebrated the Shin Pyu ceremony, the initiation rite when a child become a monk.



This boy's cheek dressed with tanaka. A traditional sun protective traditional make up. It made from wooden plant, dust into powder in a stone grinder.



The Shin Pyu ceremony was a big celebration for the little monk's family. It was one of the family prestige to held this kind of celebration. In their Buddhist culture, it's an honor to give your life a duty as a monk since childhood. The children will able to learn more than the other peers, speak different language, and also to seek better enlightenment for the whole family. 



 When I looked at their face, tracing back the memories from photos on my journey. The children are the most pure creatures with genuine curiosity. It's not a daily treat for them to have traveler stopped by and share the outside world. Indeed, they did amazing job to greet me. So happy, I was blessed.




Artikel perjalanan terkait:

2 comments:

  1. lucu banget bedak di pipinya. seruuu jalannya! myanmar ternyata banyak tradisinya ^^*

    ReplyDelete